Saffron has different types that are available in the market at different prices. Saffron is divided into three general parts:
Super Negin saffron is an extra special type of saffron. It has a deep, rich red colour, incredible aroma and luxurious taste. It is used by professional chefs in the finest cuisine around the world and is our premium, most sought after saffron. In our expert opinion this is the world’s finest saffron.
The quality of our Super Negin saffron is second to none. It can be immediately recognised by its deep red colour, and bigger, thicker tips to each thread.
The top portion of each saffron thread is significantly larger and thicker than other grades and it is this extra thickness that has a notable effect on taste, aroma and coloring capacity.
Our Super Negin contains only the best parts of the saffron stigma, the red component called Kalale. The lower, white or yellow part of the stigma that extends into the head of the flower, called Khame, is removed completely.
Essential properties of our Super Negin Saffron
- Our premium quality saffron.
- The largest, thickest saffron threads available.
- Deep red colour, incredible aroma and luxurious taste.
- Individual stigma are completely separated by hand.
- Threads have no white/yellow components — they are a uniform deep red.
- Crocin and safranal content exceeds expectations
Many refer to Negin or Sargol as “pure” saffron. It is our most popular grade of saffron.
Our Negin saffron is of the highest quality, second only to Super Negin. It is made from only undamaged red stigmas which are separated by hand during the harvest process. The white or yellow part of the stigma that extends into the head of the flower, called Khame, is removed.
All our saffron products are tested to ISO 3632 standards and exceed Category I, or Best Quality standards in all attributes.
Our Negin saffron is highly recommended for cuisine, health, medical and various commercial applications
Essential properties of our Negin Saffron
- Our most popular grade of saffron.
- Made from high quality, undamaged stigma.
- Individual stigmas are completely separated by hand.
- Threads have no white/yellow components — they are a good, consistent red colour.
- Crocin and safranal content exceeds expectations.
Our quality Pushal saffron is the highest Pushal grade available – there are 3 grades. We do not offer lower grade Pushal products.
Pushal saffron is made from predominantly red stigma with small traces of white/yellow components at the tips. They typically contain 1-3mm of the white/yellow style.
As the red portion of the stigma is attached to the white/yellow style it is difficult to fake this type of saffron. However, the white/yellow component at the end of the thread does affect the colouring strength of the saffron and determines its overall quality grading.
Essential properties of our Pushal Saffron
- Our Pushal saffron is the highest of the 3 grades of Pushal available.
- Threads are predominantly red with small traces of white/yellow components.
- The threads are not straight but have a slightly curled form.